The French private equity firm Latour Capital has announced the final closing of Latour Capital 1, with a total of commitments of EUR 115 million. The subscription requests have reached nearly EUR 200 million, almost the double of the target size of the fund.
The fund’s investment strategy and the management team have aroused high interest from European and American institutional investors and family offices.
Latour Capital invests in promising SME’s with strong growth potential, such as spinoff operations of “non core business” subsidiaries of large companies and in digital media companies. Latour Capital is a hands-on shareholder engaged in value creation thanks to the operational profile of its management team.
Latour Capital has already made several investments through a proprietary deal flow:
- A first set of acquisitions of five subsidiaries from Veolia and Dalkia, around the company Proxiserve / Veolia Habitat Service, a leading French energy services (turnover € 300 million and 3,000 employees)
- Multiposting, multicasting Internet company offering jobs, that double its turnover every year since its inception
An investment in nuclear engineering and oil sector is currently being completed
With this last operation, Latour Capital will be invested at 30% of its commitments.
About Latour Capital
Latour Capital is a French independent management company, founded by three partners:
- Cédric Bannel, ENA / Treasury, founder of Caradisiac.com and former Partner at 3i
- Philippe Leoni, former CEO of the listed group Spir Communication and co-founder of the site Leboncoin.fr
- Alain Madelin, former French Minister of industry, Finance and SMEs / SMIs
Latour Capital was advised for its fundraising by the placement agent Jasmin Capital.
- CFnews – Latour Capital atteint son hard cap
- Capital Finance – Latour Capital conclut sa 1ere collecte à 115 M€
- Les Echos – Latour Capital clôt sa levée de fonds à 115 millions d’euros
- Unquote – Latour Capital reaches €115m final close
- AltAssets – France’s Latour Capital turns away €85m as inaugural fund hits €115m hard cap
- RealDeals – Latour de force for debut fund